Sunday, March 06, 2011

Quick visit ~ Liv with Yarn, Camrose

There is something about Camrose that pulls at my heart strings.
First, visits there are never quick! Second, it is the birthplace of my yarn addiction.
When travelling to see the DH I decided I needed to stop in Camrose to check out this new yarn store. I had heard from my dear friend, Joyce that a mutual friend was involved in teaching classes there. Therefore I knew this was totally the trip off the beaten path.
The 'quick' visit turned into a long visit... followed by a short stop at Liv with Yarn. I wish I had, had more time to absorb this space. Painted in rich comforting colours it oozes 'come, sit, knit'. It warmed my heart to see women of several different ages, sitting at a long solid wood table chatting and stitching. I wanted so desperately to grab a project and sit.
I am sad to say that I did not spend the time there that I wanted to... but I know that this place is well worth the trip off the beaten path (by that I mean a detour off hiway 2 and the addition of an hour to Ft Mac)
I did however get very excited to find the ChiaoGoo needles in just the right size and length for 2 at time socks on a circ. Who doesn't love that shiny red cord, and just slightly cheaper then the last place you saw them!
Thank you Liv with Yarn for bringing back this necessity to Camrose.

Keep stitching!
J9

No comments: